In the USA muscle relaxing injections are now the most common aesthetic procedure performed and is increasing dramatically here in the UK.
These muscle relaxing injections provide treatment for frown lines, forehead lines and periorbital lines (laughter lines/crow's feet). Other clinical use includes treatment for migraine and excessive underarm sweating.
The facial muscles are relaxed by these injections by blocking signal transmission at the nerve junction. Ideally treatment is aimed at partial muscle block allowing more natural facial expression.
Treatment areas offered:
- Frown lines - (Glabellar region)
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Periorbital laughter lines (crow's feet).
Treatment of horizontal forehead lines alone is not recommended without the glabellar region also being treated at the same time this as there has to be balance to the relaxation of opposing facial muscle action, in some people and skin types
- A consent form will need to be signed prior to treatment and a nurse prescriber will beed to do this consent as the product will need to be ordered.
- It can take from 4-14 days after the first treatment to obtain good results.
- The injections cause only mild discomfort
- Mild swelling may occure immediately after injection is administered and usually subsides in 48 hrs
- Possible Side effects however these are rare. Drooping of the eyelid can occur this is temporary and may last a few weeks this can be treated in the interim with special eye drops.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding treatment is not recommended.
- watery eyes or double vision may occure if individuals develop
- antibodies or allergies to the Botox toxin this is very rare.
- The area will need cleaned therefore make-up will be removed prior to treatment.
- A pre-treatment photo may be taken for later comparison.
Every 3 months during the first year, thereafter maintenance treatment every 6 months.
*Restylane Dermal Fillers*
* A pre treatment photo will be taken before and after treatment
Lips every 6 months
Other areas on face 9-12months
Mild swelling may occure immediately after injection is administered and usually subsides in 48 hrs
Risk involved when injecting areas with underlying sensitive structures (e.g nerves, vessels.
There have been isolated reports of small lumps developing at the treatment sites and irregularitiesthat can last several months if injection into skin is too superficial.
Inflammatory reactions have been reported in rare cases these have consisted of redness, swelling and induration at the injection location which can effect at times effect the surrounding tissue.
Reactions have arisen either a few days or even a few weeks after treatment.